Monday

The Winds of Change


Change is in the air and it's been a long time coming. Over the past year I've been working on my website as time permitted and finally have things set. Perfect? No. Doable? Yes.

Heaven knows it doesn't take a year to build a site, at least not when it comes to creating them for my customers, but as with so many other things in life, we tend to push our own projects to the bottom of the list as it grows.  With my recent entry into the wonderful world of WordPress, and with Blogger sadly featuring more and more full page "pop-up" ads, the time has finally come to make some major changes.

Over the next several days or week (since nothing  goes quite as it should with websites) I will be going live with the Plumrose Lane website and migrating my blog over to WordPress. From a visual standpoint there will be little difference, for now.  All of the usual content will remain; themes, blogging goodies, tutorials, and past blog posts.  Fortunately WordPress offers some fantastic widgets to make the process simple.

It's also a nice opportunity for those of you who may have been thinking about making the same changes yourself ~ you can watch and see how the transition goes from an by-stander's point of view.

So bear with things as the fairies and I undergo some changes here on Plumrose Lane and look for more changes in the coming weeks as I begin evolving all of my themes to include new WordPress versions!

Best~

6 comments:

  1. I just posted a lengthy comment, but I think it vanished! Anyway, best wishes with the changes, Sharon. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your site are truly "Phantasmagorical", Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing my header and blog badge and Rhi's one of a kind blog template (incl header) and blog badge for me. I appreciate all the hard work and love you put into your designs. A OOAK blog design makes a lovely heartfelt pressie for those you love who blog.


    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! Lots of luck with your new site, I know you and the fairies will do an amazing job! Hope all's well with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beat of luck with the new site, big hugs, love Magie ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are music to my soul ~ thank you so much for visiting!
♥Sharon