Saturday

Art Classes - week 2

The second week of art classes at AAU are nearly over and in reflection I enjoyed using a number of new tools and techniques in both of my classes. While I learned about proper shading techniques in Art 101...

I also learned to cover last week's armature with clay and create a realistic face with special emphasis on 3 three dimensional eyes, nose, and lips in Sculpting...

I'm really enjoying both of my classes and learning more than this little of head of mine can barely handle. Working in clay is the most surprising for me right now as I'm in awe of the semi Egyptian look the piece seems to be taking on.

This week also had it's share of distractions as my son and his wife gave birth to their first son, Orion Dominick Sebastian ~ what a name. Sadly he's in intensive care right now because of breathing issues, so if you could keep this little angel in your thoughts and prayers that would be wonderful.

Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead...

post signature