Monday

Sharing Some Homework

I thought it was about time I share some of the projects I've been working on with my classes. It's not that I've neglected sharing this part of my life, it's simply a matter of not wanting to bore you all. While this semester's classes are interesting ~ Graphic Arts 102 and Illustration 133, in truth they've been extremely heady and quite technical.

Much of our time has been spent learning the ins-and-outs of using a digital camera and InDesign, a powerhouse of a program that's mostly used for publishing and print work. And so I've mostly been drowning in a whirlpool of technical jargon and techniques ~ blech! But just this week we moved into Photoshop and Illustrator and finally got to work on some fun projects.

The first is the image above and the project was to clone ourselves in Photoshop. This was SO much fun!! That isn't the image I turned in for my project since I discovered I needed a facelift and a diet in that one, but I was was thrilled when the instructor said that he couldn't tell which was the original image and which was the insert!

The second project was to create a collage portrait in the style of Giuseppe Arcimboldo. We were given a selection of black & white image sheets to use which included old mechanical devises, food, and other miscellaneous items. I decided to to give a try at recreating an image of Marlene Dietrich and although it was super tedious I really like the way it came out.

Even though I work with Photoshop everyday, because I'm self taught I'm learning tons of new tools and shortcuts which will not only help me work faster but leave me with a whole new world of tools to use on my customer's projects, whoot! So I hope you've enjoyed a little peak into my current studies and hopefully I'll have more fun projects to show you in the near future.

Enjoy~

post signature