Thursday

Fundamentals of Color ~ week 1

This week at Ai we began a new class studying the Fundamentals of Color and it's certainly one I've been looking forward to as I simply L♥Ve color! It was fascinating to learn about how color affects our decisions and buying habits and I completely identified when they discussed how it affects our moods as I feel such an emotional connection with color.

Our assignments included several color studies, ending with a monochromatic composition using the same hue with high and low key variations. Here is the low key version~

I chose to create a funky retro cityscape as I've always loved those scenes and this was loads of fun to create. It was simple and yet adding those little touches like the lit windows and street lights was simply delightful.

So that was this week's study in color ~ I hope you're all enjoying your own 'color-filled' week!

post signature