Monday

Around My House ~ week 2

Last week I was grasping for new material to post about and this little summer series "Around my House" was born. This week I've added a Mr Linky gadget so you can join in and share your own images from around the house.

This past week has been so hot that I wanted to share one of my favorite places to escape the sun. When we first moved into our home a little over a year ago there wasn't a railing around the front porch and so we came up with this natural barrier to block out our urban neighbors that seemed to be right on top of us.

My husband built the trellises and we planted Morning Glories and Sweet Peas from seeds his mom had gifted us before moving. The end result was a wonderfully lush spot to sit and admire a passing hummingbird or bees. I simply couldn't be happier with how it provided a nature barrier between us and... well a block of about 25 screaming children. *sigh*

So how about you? Do have a special place you like to sit and admire nature's beauty (or hide from the neighbors)? I'd love to see what you have to share so go ahead and post something on your own blog and then return here to leave the link ~ Can't wait to see what you share!



Update: We had a few issues with Mr Linky (poor guy) but he's all fixed now so go ahead and join in if you'd like. If you have any trouble just contact me and I'll get your link posted.

Enjoy~

post signature