Saturday

Connecting

I'm feeling a bit off this weekend ~ a bit disconnected. It's probably from all the work I've been doing lately that's kept me glued to this desk.  With Pink for October in full swing, a massive "To-Do" list of custom projects, and classwork to get through, it doesn't leave much time in the day for outings and frivolity.


Honestly the few moments I spend connecting with friends throughout each day have been through Facebook lately. It's almost embarrassing to admit, until I realize how much happiness it brings me.   I'm lucky in that most of my friends are very positive and post a wonderful assortment of uplifting imagery, messages, and quotes.  I've always been a big believer in "we are what we eat"  ~ or think, or speak, or hear ~ and it certainly seems to be the case for me as I always feel better after reading their posts.


"...there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can put in the freedom of my mind."
 
"...não há portão, nem fechadura, nem trinco que você consiga colocar na liberdade da minha mente."
(Virginia Woolf)

Today I found a video on Facebook about, well... Facebook.  It made me stop and realize that even though I've been known to put-it-down right along with all the other naysayers, that in truth Fadebook really is a tool I use each day to connect with friends and family, to bring a bit of happiness and beauty into my life and others.


So maybe it's true, like everything else in life, that it's what we make of it. While I don't have time to play games or get involved in political squabbles I do find the joy of encouragement and connecting with others.  Whatever the case I shamefully admit that I'm thankful for Facebook ~ it helps me connect to those I truly love, like, and appreciate and my life would be far more lonely and isolated without it.

Best~ 

Photo http://www.morguefile.com)
Art http://kingabrit.deviantart.com/ 
Quote http://www.facebook.com/cafecomconhaque)
Translation - Google Translator