Wednesday

Blogger Photo Issues (!)

Recently a customer contacted me to help out with an issue she was having with her Blogger profile picture. Instead of seeing her image show up whenever she left comments on posts she would see this awful black exclamation point instead. I was able to figure out a fix for her and so I'm sharing it here with you ~

Remember, you can enlarge any image below by clicking on it.

I began by visiting her profile page ~ you can get to your own profile page by logging into your blog and going to your "Dashboard"...

Once there click on the "Edit Profile" link...

This takes you to the page where you control what people see when they visit your "About Me" page...

It's a log page so I've only shown a portion of it above.

What I found was that by simply reinstalling the customer's profile photo she no longer experienced the photo error so regardless of whether your photo is showing up or not, we're going to reinstall it from your own computer. So be sure you have a copy of your photo on hand before you continue on to the next step.

Now, scrolling down to the "Photograph" area, if you have an image there click on the "Remove image" link...

Now click the "Browse" button to locate your photo on your computer...


Scrolling down to your own profile photo, click on the image and then click the "Open" button...


Your photo will now appear in the box...


To save your changes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Profile" button...
That's it!

I know Blogger has been undergoing loads of changes lately including how they handle post images so my guess is this issue has something to do with those changes. Whatever the case I hope this fix was helpful to all of you as well.

Enjoy~

post signature