Friday

Do you have PiNk....??

I can't deny that PiNk is in the air ~ it seems to be a ribbon winding it's way through my life at the moment and as always life has such a funny way of being ironic, you just can't help but smile and shake your head. I want to share a few recent occurrences with you but trust me ~ this isn't mean to be an "Oh dear" post as much as it's a "power in numbers" sort of thing, so here goes...

The phone rang this morning ~ the imagining center wants me to return for a second' look-see' on my recent mammogram and honestly I'm not worried. I have so many lovely survivor friends that the thought of what I watched my mom go through as a child seems prehistoric. The funny thing is I found myself on the phone with the local chapter of Susan G. Komen, requesting a voucher for that second look. Turns out my insurance ended yesterday but I got the voucher and couldn't be more thankful for services like this ~ whoot!

The next pink occurrence in my day was a small sale and low and behold if it wasn't a set of my Pink for October bookmarks ~ hmmm, I thought. Isn't that ironic.

This all makes me think about a little something I've been working on lately. Honestly it's a pretty big something for me and would mean so much but you know how it goes with sharing things before they happen... they have a way of falling apart right before your eyes. I do realize there's power in numbers though and so I'm taking a chance and sharing ~ you see there's a certain Pink for October website I'm trying to acquire. The owner who ran it a few years back hasn't had time to keep up with it and after participating in annual P4O activities I really missed it so I thought, why not try to keep the flame going myself.

It's a slow process and heaven knows I haven't a clue how I'd manage it financially but you know it's like getting that call this morning ~ you just have faith that things will be o.k. I think in a way that's what PiNk is to me ~ it's having faith... faith in my friends, faith in my own little pink flower, and faith that things just have a way of working out the way they should. So how about you... do you have PiNk?

free bookmark/tag

You can find more free P4O items by clicking here

I created this little bookmark to help you keep PiNk going in your own life. Click on the image to download this freebie bookmark/tag. If you could keep my little P4O project in your hearts and prayers too, I would really appreciate it. I can't tell you how much it would mean to keep that site going ~ for my mom, for my friends, for all of you out there like me who celebrate PiNk... and of course, I'll let you know if when it all works out.

post signature