Friday

Soul Journey

I started reading a new book last night titled Soul Journey.  I was first drawn to this book through the holidays when a close friend posted about it on Facebook.  Upon closer investigation it immediately jumped to the top of my holiday wishlist, so imagine my surprise when a copy showed up in my mailbox yesterday, thanks to that same dear friend (love you Sherry!).

I began reading the book last night ~ I'll be honest and say I haven't read through a personal book in years. I've started several but put them down shortly after.  Text books have been a constant companion over the past two years but they're not the same.  In the more distant past, books served as a wonderful source for acquiring knowledge and insight.  Plowing through copies of "The Essential Works of Carl Jung" and "If Life is a Game, These Are The Rules" have been downright life altering.  But reading a good book is something that fell away after several traumatic experiences over the past 7 years.  It's tough to read when your mind is racing and your heart is broken.  So with the arrival of this book, an angel's gift straight from heaven, I'm turning over a new page in my own life.
I've only read the Introduction and already it's moved me. The truth is, this book is just what the doctor heart ordered. It's comforting know there are others out there who desire to "Be the change you wish to see.." and it speaks directly to that part of me that yearns to reach out and help other women who've gone through similar sorrows and hardships.  I know there's power (and company) in numbers so if you're interested in reading it too, you can buy a copy from the author, Lisa Cherry, at this link or buy a copy for your Kindle at this link.

My hope is to find the words to share my thoughts and feelings as I read through this book and I would love for you to join me. I know many times it's easier for me to communicate my own feelings when reading them through the musings of others. I'll leave you with a perfect example of this, directly from a page of Soul Journey...

""The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found a way out of the depths.

These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern.

Beautiful people do not just happen."

Elizabeth Kubler Ross"

Best,